1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Chicken Allergies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Jan 1, 2007.

1. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

It gets a 5 of 5 on the FJ scale, which is like the Fujita, but better. And the Cotton Bowl gets a 5 of 5, and if possible a 6 of 5 on the FJ scale. It's just tremendous. i encourage all who cover college football to convince their teams to go to the Cotton Bowl.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A friend of mine worked at North Texas State when the football team got busted for stealing a bunch of fancy towels from a road hotel.
    We told him the team was destined for the Cotton Bowl. Sponsored by Linens and Things.

I've never had a bad time in Dallas. Would love to do a Cotton Bowl. The fleece would be just a bonus.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Actually, when I covered the Gator Bowl, several players from the team I covered were caught stealing their hotel-room mattresses and selling them.

How freakin' low-class can you get? Stealing towels is one thing, but seriously...

4. Moderator1

How do you "slip out" with a mattress? You can't put it in your suitcase.

5. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

They'd lower them out the window to another group of players, who'd carry them into a car.

Quite the master criminals. Or Criminoles, if you will.

6. The Omni is a steal at $92, especially after staying at the shitty Diamondjacks in Shreveport for $125.

7. Moderator1

"in Shreveport" eliminates the need for the word "shitty," PoopFart. At least in my experience with that lovely town.

Give us a fart update when one is, ah, available.

8. Everything is OK here, so far. Quickest first quarter I've ever seen, thus leaving assailants little time for attacks.

9. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

DALLAS -- Sources close to the situation say this "offer" could come sooner then expected. Developing....

10. Moderator1

Isn't it like 8 a.m. in Dallas? They serve omelets in the press box?

11. The shuttles left the hotel at 7 and 7:30 this morning. No omeletes, but hot dogs and chicken fingers were available by 9:30. As was Swedish Fish candy.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Or it's 11:30 a.m. in Dallas, Moddy. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted