1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random admissions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

You should list the top five or 10 beers of fraternity row here.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

If you don't mind swinging by Cali, I've got a car full of bottles that I've been ... hanging on to (and by that I mean too lazy to toss) that can go to the cause

micropolitan guy likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Pretty much all Rolling Rock, Keystone, Natty Lite, Coors Lite, Bud Lite, Coors. A sprinkling of PBRs, bottles of Corona. Hardly ever see a Miller Lite or Budweiser, or craft beers, which are in abundance here but too expensive for most college kids' taste. PBR used to be the cheap beer of choice in town but Rolling Rock has really taken off.

We like RR because the bright green cans are easy to spot.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Slacker

Dude ...

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The surgeon for JR's bypass this Wednesday is Dr. Cusimano which also happens to be the name of Tony Soprano's personal physician. I can't decide if this is a good omen or not. :confused:

7. Slacker

Oh, wow, a bypass? Good luck to you both!
    Recovery week might be a little tough, JR, but you should feel great after that.

Please keep us updated, HC. :)

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    Matt1735, HC, ChrisLong and 2 others like this.
  8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

For those following, JR had a triple bypass this morning. Surgeon is pleased and it all went well. He'll be in Cardiovascular ICU for 24 hours or so, so they sent me home to sleep. :)

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If you have children trying to get into Georgetown, then yes.

HC likes this.
  10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It's been an adventure which included 4 days in the CVICU but JR came home today! He's recovering well and is his usually grumpy self again! :)

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I forgot to add that he came from the hospital with blood and maple syrup stains on his robe. And no invoice or bill. How Canadian is THAT? :D

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Are there any financial reporters here who cover New Markets Tax Credits? If so please send me a PM. Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted