1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random admissions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

No four-pillar shit would do that, because of the consistency pillar.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

How about needing to do a double flush?

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

There was no discussion of aroma either.

4. Justin_Rice

That’s a plumbing discussion, not a pooping discussion.

5. Justin_Rice

In quantifying a good shit, there’s no accounting for taste.

What pleases you may smell like shit to me. Therefore: Aroma is not a pillar.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This thread went all to shit in only four pages.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I walk on the weekend with a friend, through Microville on and near the Microville Tech campus. For months we would walk by cans and bottles and just say, "Wow, there's 50 cents," but just walk on by.

Earlier this year Oregon doubled the bottle deposit to 10 cents. About three weeks ago we just started carrying plastic bags, and picking up the low-lying fruit (no dumpster diving or anything like that). We now have $17 in a kitty, when it hits $25 we'll go out for breakfast.

Easy money, and it's become fun to see who can pick out a PBR, Rolling Rock or Bud Lite can from 50 feet. Restored my faith in college kids drinking cheap beer, too.

I Should Coco and Vombatus like this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is that rare modern story with no villains, only heroes.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is true of lots of things—shits, showers, commutes: If there is something you do a lot, more days than not, and you can remember a particular one, either something really great happened or something really bad happened. The middle disappears. I still remember a shit I took in France when I was in college. That's 20 years ago. It was the most amazing shit of my life. And the thing is, I knew it at the time: That's as good as a shit ever gets. I'm grateful that I appreciated it then for the glory that it was. I also remember the calamitous shit that caused my bog mate in college—separate bedrooms, shared bathroom—to immediately pack up his things and move out.

Life is what happens at the edges of the spectrum.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I confess I flooded a part of a convention center a few years ago with a flush-resistant shit. Had to high-step it out of there.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I clogged the shitter in a Casey's General Store bathroom a few years ago. Big turd broke in two, the pieces moved in concert and that was it. I felt bad about it not.

Draft saved Draft deleted