1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random admissions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Nov 23, 2017.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Okay, I've been kind of extra active today here, probably arguing more than usual. I'm in a situation (very much outside of this board) that is very uncomfortable and I have spent the last week pleading with various people (again, very much outside of this board) to keep their heads, hearing a lot of arguing, criticisms, complaints, attacks etc. and it is very stressful and imperative that these people keep their cool. I am letting them vent to me, encouraging them to vent to me because I know if others heard this stuff it would only get worse. But it is driving me nuts holding my fire.
    So I am giving this board thanks for allowing me to vent, and focus on things completely unrelated and meaningless to me in the big picture.
    I also give thanks that it is not family or loved-one related.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's part of what we're here for Dan. Some place to vent.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I once sharted 10 miles south of Ruidoso, and had to sit in it till the gas station.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Jesus, had you hit the Taco Bell in Ruidoso? Headed south toward Carlsbad? Or were you coming from Carlsbad?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Was headed to Cruces. No Taco Bell involved though it sure seemed like it for those 10 miles into Ruidoso.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Never trust a fart, dude. Never trust a fart.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Memory triggered:
    At a Pilot truck stop in Barstow, I was standing just inside the bathroom door, waiting for my elderly dad, who was in a stall.
    The door flies open and a trucker hurries in. He saw me and thought I was waiting in line.
    "Damn, a line?" he said.
    "No, I'm just waiting for my dad. Go ahead."
    "Whew," he said. "Thanks. Bad burrito ... been holding it since Amarillo."

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I will add... never trust a full bladder in an old beater with bad shocks.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad this thread is about Random Admissions and not Random Emissions.

QYFW and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Light a match, then sit down and make yourself comfortable.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

This is a terrible fucking reimagining of "Folsom Prison Blues."

I Should Coco, QYFW, Hermes and 4 others like this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seems on topic given the thread jack - I'm surprised about Arby's buying Buffalo WildWings. Surprised Arby's is doing that well and BWs is struggling. Though I always leave BWs surprised how much I spent for what I got. Ten wings, a beer and a diet Coke shouldn't cost $20.

Draft saved Draft deleted