1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Randolph Morris from March Madness to NBA??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by XXXX, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I still can't believe he got to come back to UK in the first place. Unbelievable. Only UK.

2. WS

WS Member

don't you remember how Tubby "found that fax under a chair" or something that had his intentions of coming back? forget that he "found it" several months after the fact

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Oh, I remember the story. That's why it's unbelievable that we're even having this discussion. He should be on the end of an NBA bench or overseas.

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Let the bidding war commence!!!

There has to be a team just dying to pick up a disinterested, underachieving player BEFORE he even signed a big contract.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Good God I despise Randolph Morris.

I hope he stays at Kentucky and makes Tubby suffer.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

If Randolph Morris leaves UK, it'll be addition by subtraction.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who they gonna replace him with, though?

8. Freelance Hack

Sizewise, Jared Carter could fill the lane for UK. And I think Jodie Meeks could fill the scoring gap, along with increases from Bradley and Crawford (if he returns).

Getting Patrick Patterson would help as well.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Jared Carter? Good luck with that.

10. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Didn't Crawford also try to leave midseason a couple years ago, but he came back because Tubby refused to release him from his scholarship to transfer early (or something like that)? I think that's part of the problem with Kentucky the last couple years, their most talented players are guys who really don't wanna be there.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Crawford did try to leave midseason his freshman year, but came back. Tuby didn;t refuse to release him, he wanted him to think about it first. Whatever people may say about his coaching and record and recruiting, people in the know all say he;s a good man and really cares about his players.

Now about that fax, that was a little "suspicious."

And Carter sucks ass, UK fans like him becuase he's white and from Kentucky. But he;s a big slow guy. He's Shagari Alleyne with a decent GPA.

12. Freelance Hack

I'm not saying Carter would replace Morris' scoring inside. Of course, he wouldn't. But he's 7-2 and about 275. He would have a presence on the boards and in the lane on defense. And wasn't Smith considering Carter as his sixth or seventh man this year before he went down with a shoulder injury?

I think Smith would be wise to go small and athletic. I realize that's not his usual style, but he needs to make some changes to stay at UK. His coaching staff isn't the only thing that needs changing.

Draft saved Draft deleted