1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Randi Rhodes attacked by rightists!!!! ... Well, maybe not

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Joe --
    As far as I can tell, it wasn't.
    This Elliott clown shot off his mouth on the air. Then the AA lawyers, and Rhodes's personal rep, both shot the story down. There was some bloggy reaction to the original erroneous report -- Gee, a talk-host talking out of his ass. What a thing -- but, as near as I can tell, the MM-took-it-down meme is based on nothing.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I'm gonna look later for that, guys.

3. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Lanpher had some actual radio experience - they needed more of that. Schultz and Miller both do good work, but the thought in the industry is that stations have to have one style of talk format only now - all sports, all conservative, all liberal, even all business.

When I grew up, I'd listen to a conservative host followed by a liberal, they'd rip the hell out of each other and it worked fine. Now the thought process is, to quote a radio executive at an industry gathering, that doing that would be like "playing three hours of country right after three hours of rap - ratings death". As a result, Schultz and Miller got stuck on bad signaled AA affiliated in the markets they have reached because the conservative shows have a longer track record of doing big business for the major stations.

4. Thanks, mv.
    We await.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Listened to the Rhodes show today and she sounded the same as ever. The way this was played in the media was (depending on your venue) brutal attack or talk show host pulling a hoax to boost ratings when both were apparently equidistant from the truth.

Draft saved Draft deleted