1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rand Paul and/or his minions have a serious plagiarism problem

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 5, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

My and my wife's age when our kids were born:

We missed traveling in our 20s AND we'll miss it in our 50s! Woohoo!

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Unless the unexpected happens, and we wait until after we're married. I'm nearly 44 now, and running the math would mean I'll be nearly 50, if not that, and dropping a kid off at Kindergarten.

That freaks me out.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

For what it's worth, my 14-year-old daughter, who is on her school speech team, is REQUIRED in competition to cite all sources, in a speech she has to have memorized. So I can establish firmly that Rand Paul would not win any Illinois high school speech meets.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I just turned 46, my son just turned 2 and my daughter is 6 in a few months. I also have a 16 year old step daughter. I waited until I had my shit together career wise to get married and have kids because I had broke ass parents.

It may suck being the 60 year old in a room full of parents in their forties but it seems more and more people are having kids later in life. I'm not too concerned about as long as I stay in shape.

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Our kids were born when I was 43 and 46. Yes, I'm the oldest mother in the room, but usually only by a few years. I_c is correct--there are more of us every year.

6. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

At my rate, between me being diabetic and my family's history of cancer (All four of my grandparents are dead, and they all died from some version of cancer) ... I'm not going to be a grandfather.

I feel bad for my 26-year-old brother. Before he graduated high school, all of his (our) grandparents were gone. Our paternal grandmother died a year before he was born.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My mother had kids at 40 and 43. Both have grown up fine. The last was the easiest pregnancy she had out of six.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

At least now he won't have to worry about annoying editors getting on his ass over plagiarism.

Draft saved Draft deleted