1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ramsey family cleared in JonBenet case

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Just moved on the wire ...

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) — Prosecutor says new DNA tests clear JonBenet Ramsey’s family in her 1996 slaying.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Those tests don't prove anything. /cowbell

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Why the hurry to exonerate the family? I think they should have taken a little more time, just to make sure they had all the evidence in hand...

4. markvid

markvid Guest

That was funny.

But, to this day, I still don't understand the family's unwillingness to cooperate with the investigation. They were asked to take lie detectors and give DNA, yest they refused each time. Couldn't that have stopped the cloud of suspicion around them pretty quick?

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Of course they didn't do it. Mark Karr did.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

How do you come up with "new" DNA some 12 years after the fact?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Agreed. They didn't go out of their way to take the focus off themselves, did they.

Is John Ramsey still keeping company with Beth Twitty?

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Sorry.

DNA doesn't mean one of them wasn't in on it.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I've often wondered if this case was best left unsolved or if the powers that be thought it was.
    Seems to me if the Boulder Police really wanted to solve it, it would have been solved by now.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Was it new DNA samples or new tests (haven't read the story)? If it's just the tests I'd guess it's just like when those people who have been in prison for 20 years get released after new DNA tests show they couldn't have done it.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Look at how little evidence they have to go on. The perp isn't in any DNA database they have access to. There hasn't been a rash of beauty queen murders, so the perp hasn't given them extra shots at finding him. Her body was found in her home, so you can't use the location of the murder to show anything. They never got the lucky break way back when and it compounded. If the killer keeps a low-profile and tells no one around him/doesn't taunt the media, this thing is never going to get solved. The evidence just isn't there.

I can't imagine what a nightmare life has been like for the Ramsey family since that murder. I hope Patsy Ramsey has found peace in the next life and that John & Burke Ramsey find peace in this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted