1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rams want "operable roof panels" as part of stadium improvements

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BurnsWhenIPee, May 14, 2012.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The time is right for the NFL to return to L.A. with the new stadium.

The sports scene in the Southland has never been hopping more with the Lakers, Clippers AND Kings still playing in the playoffs, and the Dodgers with the best record in baseball.

The Angels suck, but they're O.C. so they don't count. :D

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. Minnesota will get one. Jacksonville, Houston, Detroit, Indianapolis each got one.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just bait to keep the suckers biting on the hook.

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

This guy: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/lawyer-in-rams-case-often-fills-unheralded-role/article_9588c042-ac6e-5723-98a6-781bba0d3f1e.html

As a St. Louisan, I look forward to watching the LA Rams and being a 2-sport town.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Rams made this particular request -- operable roof panels -- because they happen to be the primary architectural element of Farmer's Field in LA?

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Surprised at you, Starman ... thought people "coming together" in economic planning via democracy was your kinda thing! :D

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The place was a dump a few years after it opened.

I've driven past hangars and roller rinks with more character.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Coming together to hand out billions of dollars of public money to people who are already billionaires in order to build facilities whose only purpose is to enable the billionaires to make tons and tons more money (in fact the huge majority of citizens are utterly priced out of ever making any personal use of the facility) is not exactly what i had in mind.

9. doctorquant

I am curious about the whole "operable roof panels" thing ... does that mean that stadium's roof panels are, and have been, inoperable?

I work with someone who does work with/for so-called "skilled nursing facilities" ... are others where the unskilled nurses go to work?

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

But I want the toy Daddy gave me to be like the toys the kids have now.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They want a retractable roof like Jerrah! Jones built in Dallas? So they can spend millions on a feature that is rarely - if ever - used? I think the roof at Cowboys Stadium has only been opened for two games.

12. doctorquant

I think that's right ... certainly only two that I know of ... and I was at both of 'em!

Draft saved Draft deleted