1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rams RB Cullen Bryant dead at 58

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Fifty eight is way to young to be dead...
    I have several football cards of Bryant. RIP

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

RIP. He was a bitch to bring down.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He was one of my favorite Rams.

Plenty of him here.

:

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Was a star linebacker at Colorado and was one of the top NFL fullbacks back when fullbacks could still lead a team in rushing. RIP

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dools, watch vid #2 from that link I posted. Bryant makes a great lead block for Wendell Tyler's first TD.

And funny comment about Zorn on this one.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Cullen Bryant was a memorable player on Sunday afternoons in the 1970s, as I watched Saint games after church.
    He and Lawrence McCutcheon were the LA Rams backs of note from that era.
    Falcons and 49ers caused lots of havoc at times, too, while Orleans routinely changed coaches and languished in the NFC West.
    RIP, Cullen.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What I remember most about Cullen Bryant was his huge biceps when he played free safety for Colorado. 1972 - well before the steroid era. He really stood out on the football field. Hit like a freight train. RIP

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Jeez, in just the first few posts this thread has references to him as a free safety, fullback, linebacker and kickoff returner. I take it he was versatile.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You are a quick study. He became an rb when he went to NFL

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And a damn good one, as noted earlier. Tackling Bryant was like trying to take out a tank with a rifle. My childhood memory bank is replete with visions of Bryant just steamrolling opposing linebackers, back in the days when you had 220-pound linebackers.

Right you are, Evil O. 58 is way too young. Then again, that's about the life expectancy of an NFL alum.

RIP.

Draft saved Draft deleted