1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rams hire Spagnuolo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zimmaniac06, Jan 17, 2009.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

2. bigpern23

Not for anything, but how much of that 18/hr day stuff is really necessary? I mean, how much video can one look at to dissect another team? And don't all the really good teams pretty much just do what they do best and dare the other team to stop them?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Spurrier worked 9 to 5 with the Redskins and it didn't work out too well for him.

I covered one coach who worked 18-hour days and after every season he was there, about 4-5 assistants would tell him to fuck off and go elsewhere.

4. bigpern23

Has Spurrier done the same in the college ranks? Because he's been pretty darn successful there. It probably has more to do with his ability to adjust to the NFL and coaching grown men instead of teenagers than it did his work schedule (I'm assuming he has worked a similar schedule in college).

Draft saved Draft deleted