1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rainier beer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I was on YouTube trying to find a commercial they used to show in Seattle that featured a Northwest summer trip to the beach and featured a guy and his buddies in parkas playing with a beach ball. Anyway, I couldn't find it, but I did stumble on some hilarious Rainier beer commercials from back in the day.

I'm guessing quite a few board members remember these and probably drank Rainier, which I'm told wasn't very good.

R-Bo Part 1 and 2:

The running of the Rainiers

2. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

I heard drinking Rainier will do this to anyone who consumes.

3. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Not a bad beer. Just not in the same category as the other outstanding NW beer: Lucky Lager.

Best piss in a can I can recall.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

There used to be a Henry's commercial with the same theme. Two guys sitting on a big driftwood log at the coast and they go, "here come the hotties" or something like that when two or three women approach wearing the two or three layers of coats, etc., needed to stay warm at the coast virtually year-round.

We used to drink Rainier before Kingdome games at this little triangle-shaped bar just west of the dome that was practicaly underneath the Alaska Way viaduct. Cost $1 for a 16-pounce bottle. Itw as also sold at the Kingdome, but I don't think you can get Rainier at Safeco, or even anywhere for that matter unless someone brews it as a contract beer.

Good weather forecast for the weekend, tho, for the SHJ.commers headed to the Emerald City. Mt. Rainier and the Olympics should be out.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

When my parents first moved to the NW and I would come to visit them, the Rainier slogan was "Around here, it's Rainier."

I was like, "Am I the only person who can see that that says around here it's rainier, as in rainy-er?"

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, that's definitely the one I was thinking of. I love that commercial. I finally found it on Henry's web site, though I couldn't figure out how to link it.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Vitamin R, as an old athletic trainer at the school I used to cover called it.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

McCain will veto Rainier beer, too.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

That triangle-shaped bar is still there, or at least it will be until the viaduct collapses on it. :) Rainier is still available at lots of places, too; one of my favorite Seattle watering holes has it in bottles.

10. frozen tundra

frozen tundra Member

My God I enjoyed Rainier beer in college. During a stop in Seattle once I visited the Rainier brewery. It smelled just like my dorm.

I think I was hooked on the swill seeing those commercials as a youngster. I loved the one where you just hear a motorcycle coming around a bend: as you see it coming toward you in the distance you hear a voice off camera saying "Raaaaaaneeeeeeeeeerrrrrbbeeeeeeeeerrrrrr" as if it were the motorcycle shifting gears. How could it not make you want to get drunk?

11. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

Rainier was my, and my boys' beer of choice in high school.

I was feeling all nostalgic a few years back, drank one and almost puked.

It's horsepiss.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted