1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

rain

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

burbs.

2. It rains on every single one of my days off, and often in the afternoon when I'm at work.

Yet we're still in the middle of a futhermuckin' drought.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Are you getting the kind of thunder that makes it sound like Baghdad circa 2003 outside?

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's one reason I miss Texas.

5. Clever username

The last time I was in Texas there was literally a two-inch thick sheet of ice covering everything, including the highway I was driving on.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hell froze over?

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Here it rains every Thursday, right after the garbagemen have left our mammoth grabage container open so that it can fill with rainwater while I'm at work all day.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was home for the weekend and experienced this as well. Someone explain two things to me:

1.) How is it that it was cooler than usual with no humidity on Friday and Sunday yet it rained like a motherfucker both days?

2.) Is Connecticut the only fucking state in the union in which weather leads the nightly news EVERY SINGLE FUCKING NIGHT?! Christ. I remember it being bad when I lived there, but geez, this was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It's bad enough the Doppler 90210 map is ALWAYS on in the lower right-hand corner. but then they give it the President-was-assassinated-while-fucking-a-dead-boy coverage.

"Doppler 90210 says a t-storm is coming to Bumfuck in 20 minutes...then Bumfuck East in 22 minutes..." Well who fucking cares? If you're watching, YOU KNOW! and if you're not, well, it doesn't do you a whole lot of fucking good, does it?

We were there when tornadoes threatened to touch down in southwestern CT and they spent about 20 minutes talking over a live shot of I-95. One of the jackasses says "At times like this, Doppler 90210 can save your life."

Well, fuck. If you're driving in that, spending 20 minutes talking about it ISN'T GOING TO DO SHIT!!! If you're driving in that, you're fucked. It's not like you're going to be watching and saying "Oh no! It's a possible tornado! Better snap my fingers twice and say there's no place like home!"

If it bleeds it leads my ass. If it rains it leads.

9. Clever username

What if the raining leads to bleeding?

10. I covered a tornado during the NBA championships.

One guy was pissed off at the local news for breaking in on his beloved Lakers, even though the tornado nearly tore the roof off his double-wide.

Guy kept asking if I knew the score to the game while we stepped over the large trees blocking the roads.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just talked to a guy from Cali that got my old job and I think I freaked him out when I told him about the rain/thunderstorms he is about to encounter.

Good times.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yep, it's still fucking awful. Every time we get a severe thunderstorm, one of the weather dudes will start talking about the "sheer" marks in the doppler which indicate "rotation." Without fail. Of course, nothing ever comes close to actually being a tornado.

Draft saved Draft deleted