1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raiders have a head coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Jan 22, 2007.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

At the ripe old age of 31, USC offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin gets the job:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9948061

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

He'll begin mini-camp as soon as he completes his undergraduate degree.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Raiders hired Gruden when he was 35.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They should have hired that deranged defensive coordinator Ryan.

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

Can't do any worse that thy did last season. Maybe the young guy will give them a boost.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Does this further clinch the odds of them picking JaMarcus Russell?

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sure ... they can room together and cruise for chicks.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Will John David Booty apply for the NFL draft now? He wouldn't be a first-round pick for sure, but if he was available, would the Raiders take him in a later round?

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Is it just me who pictures this?

(Cut to Al Davis' office, high above Raiders Central.)

"Yes, Russ, we're quite interested. ... We think we're quite fortunate that the Steelers didn't realize the talent they had. ... What? ... Well, yes, we had some problems here last year. ... Yes, I plan on re-signing Porter and Moss. ... Russ? Mr. Grimm?"

"Chris ... Look, I think this could be a great move up for you. ... You're in a great position to make that next step to the NFL. ... What? ... Uh, Aaron Brooks, Andrew Walter and Marques Tuiasosopo ... Yes, No. 1, but we could be open to trading down. ... Chris? Mr. Petersen?"

"Monte ... Loved that Tampa Bay defense. ... You're not interes ... You know we're still in the NFL, right? You've waited a long time for that top job. ... Oh. (Sigh.) OK. You know anyone else who might want this job? ... He's a good boy, huh? Six straight semesters on the Dean's List? ... You must be proud. ... Tell you what, have young Lane give me a call..."

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They also hired a young John Madden and Mike Shanahan. There might not be many good things to say about that franchise these days, but Al Davis has done well with identifying and hiring good, young head coaches.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It's true. I won't begrudge the old man of that.

Aside from that, Amy Trask, who has been likened to Davis in high heels, is as responsible for the rank mismanagement of that franchise as anyone.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Thread is useless without pictures of Amy Trask, just to satisfy curious minds...

Draft saved Draft deleted