1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raider Chronicles: Cable punches assistant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 17, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I got wistful watching the game tonight. Hearing Gruden announce the game and seeing John Fox on the Carolina sideline. Fox has to be the most successful "low-buzz" coach in the league. He's always seemed about a year away from getting the ax, but is now the fourth longest tenured coach in the league. Don't know how many head coaches or former coordinators have gone on to coach a Super Bowl team elsewhere - five, six?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck, fuck, a million times fuck. I swear I meant Rob Ryan.

I'm stupid, but not that stupid to think Rex was in Oakland before becoming the HC of the NYJ.

3. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

End of story. The Raiders fantastic crapiness starts and ends with Davis.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Armchair, man that's a little rough. The Raiders did win three Super Bowls. They are Stepien bad now.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes, you are that stupid...maybe even more stupid than that.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Armchair: Having lived through those dark ages, I wouldn't wish that level of suckage on anyone... even the Raiders (awful Red Right 88 flashback... I was there...ugh)

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Raiders don't even have 10 players who were alive the last time they won a Super Bowl. That blows my mind.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Tollner hasn't been a coordinator in four years -- and that was for the Lions . . . so it doesn't count.

This is one hell of a coaching staff is right.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Lee, you meant to use the blue font on the last sentence, right? It's such a great staff that the Raiders might win five games this year.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yes. And I'd bet under five. I wish they didn't suck so bad -- I think the league's more fun when the Raiders are good and actually contemptible.

At least they don't have an assistant whose previous job was running a bed and breakfast.

Somebody on another thread asked why ESPN was reluctant to report the suit against Roethlisberger, while gleefully reporting more turmoil in Oakland. Easy. The Raiders and ESPN/Mortensen have had a lot of public differences in the last few years.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

It's ok; spnited thought you were talking about Buddy Ryan anyway.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hahahaha.

Eat shit old man!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted