1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raging Bull II. Really?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What's up with that anyway? Is there some market out there for knockoff movies? I always see what you're talking about at RedBox. Right now, there's some cartoon with the word "Brave" in it and a red-headed girl. Did someone actually go into lightning production to crank out a knockoff of Pixar's "Brave" in lightning speed? Does anyone actually fall for them? Wonder if someone's written a story about the phenomenon out there, because I always wonder about it.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Thought my co-workers were going to kill me one day when I admitted I've never seen Grease, but have seen -- and enjoyed -- Grease 2. Saw it in theater when I was 7 or whatever. And watch it whenever it pops up. The jump on the cycle over the pool? God how I dreamed about our school having an outdoor prom, which would be overtaken by thugs, who I'd then defeat with my riding skills.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's funny, I've seen some Samuel L. Jackson movies that I thought were "big" movies that end up looking like they were shot over a weekend in an industrial park. And I still dig Paul Sorvino, but the guy is coming off a turn in "Jersey Shore Shark Attack."

5. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Is that an MST3K reference?

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's a reference to 'Bearking 2: Electric Boogaloo,' the greatest sequel ever made, the second sequel to be better than it's precursor, and the greatest movie of the 1980s.

7. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Watch out for snakes!

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm kind of partial to Raging Bullwinkle myself.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Why stop there? How 'bout some more Scorsese sequels?

Taxi Driver II?
    The Second-To-Last Temptation Of Christ?

Draft saved Draft deleted