1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Radomski: "Look what I found!"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bullwinkle, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

"My TV broke and I said, 'Damn, I got to get it off the dresser.' And it was right there."

Anybody naive enough to believe him? I mean, I absolutely love that quote. :D ;D

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3491931

2. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I believe that part. I don't believe he couldn't remember the names of the 7 or 8 other people whose receipts were in the same envelope.

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Maybe you are right. Perhaps I'm just reading too much into the quote. But I can't ever envision myself saying, "Damn, my TV broke. I got to get it off the dresser." That just wouldn't be anyone's first instinct. Now, if you spilled grape juice on your white carpet, then yes, you would say, "Damn, my carpet is purple. I have to get the stain out!"

In regard to the TV, it seems like it'd be more natural to say: "Oh, man. My TV broke. Well, guess I'll take it out to the curb and go look for a new one." Or maybe you'd just let it sit there until you get a new one? I mean, if it sits on the dresser, it's not like it will infect anything. Your dresser wouldn't get a disease.

OK, maybe I'm just an idiot. But something about that quote made it seem fishy.

Draft saved Draft deleted