1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RADIOHEAD: New album out Saturday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NickMordo, Feb 16, 2011.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Just received an e-mail. It's available for pre-order on vinyl or mp3 format. It's called "The King of Limbs." So pumped!

2. Listening to the first song so far, shades of Kid A.

Your avatar sucks, btw.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

One of favorite songs of all time...

Hopefully they can match its excellence on this new release.

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Just got the album, it's like what Kid A was to OK Computer. So-so, not mind-blowing.

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I can live with that. I liked pieces of Kid A a lot the first few times I listened to it, warmed up to the rest with further listens. Amnesiac and In Rainbows worked like that for me, too.

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Actually, on second thought, it's not as good as Kid A -- not at all. It's too short and just not that great, which you come to expect from such a band. Not trying to be very critical because I respect them, but it's just not what I expected.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Radio-meh.

I liked "Creep" but only because it reminded me of the shoegazing stuff I dug five years before it came out.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I remember Prodigy in 1992, which would have been my sophomore year of high school that fall, downloading the 49ers football roster...which was AWESOME! I could memorize the whole team..not just the starting lineup showed at the start of the game (which I would tape and pause to look at).

The day the 'net became "real' to me was not until Aug. 31, 1997. The day Princess Di died. It was the first story I remember only needing the Internet to get info from. I was at my college radio station all day on Yahoo looking up info.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you tried to post in the Internet thread.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Ha! Yes...I was wondering why that post didn't show up. Too many windows open methinks.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

If you get bored and like Radiohead and also like Jay-Z check out this

http://www.maxtannone.com/projects/jaydiohead/

Yes, Jaydiohead, a mash-up of Jay-Z and Radiohead. Interesting, to say the least.

Draft saved Draft deleted