1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Radio Row at the Super Bowl: The worst week in sports talk radio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 26, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Spot on.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bubbler's too good for radio...

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, even the radio guys who have been doing this for a long time, are making fun at themselves because they have this dog-and-pony show each year. They laugh when they see the local jackasses show up and yet to bigtime everyone on Radio Row and around town. The pompous fool at my local sports station is slated to head down there later this week.

I'm looking forward to hearing blow hot air up his own ass. :)

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's a kick when the local host is on radio row, and spends the segment on the phone, talking about some local issue with a guest from back in the home town.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I understand and respect that line of thinking, Simon. But from PK's report, it sounds like Z has made his decision and is busting ass to regain whatever function he can, so I won't hesitate to tell him to keep fighting.

As I recall, this is his last year of eligibility before his name is sent to the Seniors Committee. If he doesn't make it this time, there's a chance he might not have to worry about working Radio Row next January, because there's no guarantee he'd instantly make it to the top of their list ...

6. micke77

micke77 Member

The worst part of covering any Super Bowl is having to be around the radio talk show row...absolutely worthless crap and so many yahoo fans buy into a lot of the mess they are spouting about...have you ever noticed that, when these dudes are doing their gig and offering cute or irrevelant information, the fans standing nearby are clapping and gushing over their ridiculous comments? as if they're fawning over a rock star. yea, is any week in sports talk radio that is good?
    there's not enough Dr. Z's in the world to rip that kind of crap from one end to another.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Do you really have to spend that much time around them? I only covered two Super Bowls, but those guys were pretty segregated from the print area. Never bothered me in the least.

8. micke77

micke77 Member

no, but it seems as if every SB i've covered, going from point "A" to point "B" always seemed to include being near where they were set up or in that vicinity. probably just my logistically bad luck or my pocket GPS is steering me in the wrong direction.
    but back to the point: just so much of what they chatter about is what some others on this thread have mentioned: worthless and same old same old. i realize they've got a lot of time to fill, but please..

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Worthless and same old, same old...isn't that all talk radio?

10. micke77

micke77 Member

Spnited.....exactly.

11. micke77

micke77 Member

and what is even more pathetic is that these dudes really think they're funny or in the know.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only thing worse than radio people on Radio Row is radio people on Radio Row talking about other radio people on Radio Row.

Draft saved Draft deleted