1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Radio Row at the Super Bowl: The worst week in sports talk radio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Rack him.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had this conversation with a Hall of Fame player at the Super Bowl several years back. This player had ties to the city where I was working.

"So, does coming back to the Super Bowl bring back memories of what you did at the Super Bowl 12 years ago?"

"It does."

"What is your fondest memory from that game? (This was a question I had to ask because were were doing full pages of quotes from former NFL greats)"

"There were a lot of them."

"Does one stand out more than the others?"

"No."

"What about the touchdown pass to Player X, that's considered one of the signature plays from that game?"

"OK, but what I'm really here to talk about is Axe body spray."

3. Thanks for the vine, man.
    Out.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This is an EPIC week in the jungle.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm on our local radio show from time-to-time and nothing pleases me more than contradicting the host, who like most hosts, builds his temple around his own opinions.

"So Bubbler, your team is 4-16. You know I'm a season-ticket holder and a big supporter, I know they're close to turning it around ... what are some of the positives?"

"There aren't any. They're 4-16, I don't think that can be sugar-coated. I'd say watching every game is like letting a part of me die, but since I'm not a fan, it's like watching them die. Sixteen deaths by turnovers, stupidty and talent that was woefully overestimated by the coaching staff."

[awkward silence]

"How 'bout so-and-so? He's only 25 percent from 3-point, but by God, he can hit some big shots sometimes."

"The rare instances where he hits a big shot is more than mitigated by the fact that his matador defense probably means his man is averaging 15 points per game."

[more awkward silence]

"Let's talk about the NFL! I think the Cardinals have a shot on Sunday! Larry Fitzgerald ... my teenage son calls him the bizzomb!"

"That's HILIARIOUS, but I disagree. They're a 9-7 team who got hot at the right time. The Steelers' defense is good enough to keep them under wraps."

"Yeah I see what you mean, Ben Roethlisberger is so solid too."

"Actually, Roethlisberger is the one man who can screw it up for the Steelers. He has grit, but often times doesn't have the brains to match. See the Colts-Steelers game back in November."

"Let's go to commercial!"

6. Sports Reporters on Line One for you, Mr. Bubbler.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Well done, Bubbler.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I am very intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

9. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Don't forget the scintillating segments when the hosts discuss whether or not they'd do some actress.

Oh wait, we get that on SportsJournalists.com too.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bob Kuchenberg on Francesa now making his annual appeal for entry into Pro Football HOF.

He will be hurt by not having Dr Z there to speak on his behalf.

I say get him in so the poor guy does not have to work radio row again next year hat in hand.

11. "Off the fence, Bob. You've got the 2 Live Stews in 10 minutes."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

This isn't "would you do Hillary Swank", it's "is she hot or not?" </Cross>

Draft saved Draft deleted