1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Radio jackass suspended for moronic Erin Andrews tweets

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 21, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

You know I agree with you, 21. And I'll even take it one step further. I think it's possible station management and this asshole are in cahoots. Ratings low? Let's create a "suspension story." I roll my eyes when I see the headline, "Station management angered..." Yeah, sure the are.

How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Look, Erin Andrews's career, accomplishments and salary dwarf this prick's. I don't worry about her over these comments or what any frat boys might think. I do worry about the victim in the Toronto Star case.

I mean, it's bad enough to need a full hysterectomy at age 39, for whatever reason. That's bad. Then to be viciously raped during surgery. Then to have both those things thrown back in your face by a crazed woman with a platform and a fuckin' feather hanging from her ear...

You begin to see why the Star thing bothers me more.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It all bothers me.

It actually bothers me more now than it did a decade ago. And way more than when I first got into the business.

It bothers me because there are still so many employers and decision-makers that are willing to accept this kind of bullshit as entertainment. This is what you have to put on the airwaves? That's all you got? Fuck you.

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

A loser. No one should pay attention to him. Needs to bait a big star like Andrews for anyone to notice his existence.

4. Do you listen to local radio?

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What's your point, everyone does it?

Of course they do. In the post above, Elliotte says no one should pay attention. Nice idea, but to the contrary, you put this shithead on the air to attract other shitheads. It works.

6. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I am glad people are being suspended for blatant sexism.

No one can write this off as "just a gay thing."

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Looks like the station is soon to lose a penis.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

He may be let go, but I wouldn't be so sure that's the last we'll hear of him.

Scott Kaplan was mentioned earlier in this thread. Remember him getting fired? A month ago he returned to the airwaves. Same station, better time slot.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

He got fired from the Tampa area, WDAE 620-AM, for calling Vincent Jackson, among other potential Bucs signees "monkeys."

"If they get those three monkeys, I'm good. I'm ready, man. I'm ready. I want those guys. Those guys are great players.''

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

What stuns me is I always thought Erin Andrews was highly overrated as a sex symbol.

She's OK, but not worthy of all the attention she gets from adolescent creepy blog guys and whatnot

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Not as hot as Peyton Manning's wife.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You think Kenny Chesney is hot?

Draft saved Draft deleted