1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Radio guys

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by greenlantern, Sep 19, 2008.

1. They talked about the play and the guy's speed. I knew the team was in its own territory and they eventually said "touchdown" after clearly getting more and more pissed as the play went on.
    It was even worse than normal for these knuckleheads. The broadcast is usually just full of "we" and "us" and discussions of just how close the last play was to an interception/90-yard run, depending on whether their team is on offense or defense.
    Tonight they even rated the bands at halftime. Guess which one got just a slightly better rating?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That is bad.

I hate it more when I'm stuck in the box next to them. I just go into a happy place in my head.

3. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

You know what really pisses the shit outta me? Those "live update" guys in college press boxes.

"Colt Brennan just completed a 32-yard touchdown pass to Limas Sweed to put Texas up 45-3 over Baylor with 12 minutes left in the first quarter. Baylor has 4 rushing yards on 16 attempts and the Texas defense has produced four turnovers here in Waco, Texas."

They always just suddenly burst into borderline yelling, right there in the middle of a peaceful press box. Makes me want to pour hot sauce in someone's eye. What a bottom-feeder existence.

4. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

My bad....

In that case, horrid.

5. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

I love the radio guys who sit there and read right out of me preview -- with no "thanks, Diego" at the end.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Now it's mine too.

"I done wet my britches!"

Oh yeah, that's in my sig now. Thanks.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is this the game where the team recovers three consecutive onside kicks to take the lead and then loses on the ensuing kickoff return?

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Absolsmurfly.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Excellent.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

GREAT GOSH ALMIGHTY JOE FRIDAY!

11. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

"We woke up Earl "The Cookie Man" Miller. Break out the Oreos, baby!"

Best line of the whole thing, if only because you get the feeling no one listening would have a clue who Earl "The Cookie Man" is.

12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know that guy in the Baylor pressbox; it can be a wake-up jolt when he gets on the phone doing that update thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted