1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Radio broadcaster question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by budcrew08, Aug 4, 2007.

1. KP

KP Active Member

Nothing a Bostonian likes more is getting to put a Yankee fan in his/her place.

2. KP

KP Active Member

I believe you are mistaking that with Sterling, John or Harrelson, Ken "Hawk"

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

John Sterling makes me want to stab myself in the eardrums. "An upper deckie from Hideki!" "An A bomb from A-Rod!" "Jorge juiced one!" BLECK!

4. KP

KP Active Member

Of course today there was an Aaaaa-bomb for Aaaaaa-Rod being broadcasted by an Aaaaaa-hole.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Yeah. You know the worst call? "The Giambino." I am very glad he's still out hurt so I don't have to listen to that one.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Bernie goes BOOM!"

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Rizzs was decent. Rathbun is an abomination. Rick was tainted both by association and the circumstances in which he took the job.

8. I wonder if here was an H-bomb, for the H-ypocrite who ragged on Arod all last season from the Yankees booth.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They were jokes. Only difference was Rizzs thought he was clever, Rathbun just didn't get it...

10. Every time I listen to the Braves, I hear Skip Carey.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Agreed. John Sterling makes me want to stab you in your eardrums too.

12. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

When Paciorek was paired with Hawk Harrelson on the south side of Chicago, that produced what had to be the worst pairing of TV announcers in history ... Hawk spent the entire game cheering, while Wimpy was dumbing things down as far as they could go.

They were the worst ... until Darrin Jackson joined Hawk (maybe the Sox just need to simulcast Ed Farmer, who is pretty good, on TV).

Draft saved Draft deleted