1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Radio broadcaster question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by budcrew08, Aug 4, 2007.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Who is the Mariners' radio broadcaster for KOMO?

2. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Don't know which one you're referring to, but Dave Niehaus is their play by play guy.

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Thanks. I have the XM radio and so I have been listening to it as they play the Red Sox. I think he's a great radio play by play guy.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Rick Rizz also does broadcasting for them, but I can't remember if it is for TV or radio.

5. KP

KP Active Member

Does Rick Rizzs also do some radio as well? I thought they rotated guys between tv and radio throughout the game.

Rizzs is the "Goodbye, baseball" guy.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not trying to hate, just wanted to point out it is Rizz. I keep seeing it spelled Rizzs lately and it has been bothering me.

And I think you are correct. Niehaus does part of the game on TV and part of the game on the radio.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

He's the guy who makes the over the top "Steerrike!!!" call sometimes. He has a very raspy voice, very distinctive. My apologies for the confusion.

8. KP

KP Active Member

Take your issue up with the Mariners.
    http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/team/broadcasters.jsp?c_id=sea

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Rick Rizzs will never be confused with a "greatradio play-by-play guy" [/someonewhosufferedthruhimandrathbuninDetroit}

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, then the Seattle PI has it wrong as well.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I humbly apologize for fucking that up.

Hey KP, I have noticed a lot lately that this Yankees fan keeps fucking up the spelling of Rick Rizzs name. Can you correct that for him?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It was spelled Rizzs when he was in Detroit... I think it was pronounced Kl-own

Draft saved Draft deleted