1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist Simpsons?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I can picture Yawn as Homer asking, "Did he give you gay?"

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Marge: Didn't John seem a little...festive to you?
    Homer: Couldn't agree more, happy as a clam.
    Marge: He prefers the company of men!
    Homer: Who doesn't!
    Marge: Homer... listen carefully. John is a Ho-mo
    Homer: ..Right...
    Marge: Sexual! [homer screams]

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I didn't pick up on the "lynching a coon" until I came to this thread. I didn't really get a good look at the critter -- I thought it was an opossum at first -- and I was more confused than anything else why Cletus would be hanging an animal at all. Cletus bein' Cletus, I chalked it up to as.

Isn't this more a commentary on Cletus being the dumb inbred Southerner than anything else? (which last I checked, was still prejudice?)

You know me, Marge: I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals flaming!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

One of the funniest exchanges ever. so was this:

John: Homer, what have you got against gays?
    Homer: You know! It's not... usual. If there was a law, it'd be against it!
    Marge: Oh Homer, please! You're embarrassing yourself.
    Homer: No I'm not, Marge! They're embarrasing me. They're embarrassing America. They turned the Navy into a floating joke. They ruined all our best names like Bruce, and Lance, and Julian. Those were the toughest names we had! Now they're just, uh...
    John: Queer?
    Homer: Yeah, and that's another thing! I resent you people using that word. That's our word for making fun of you! We need it!! Well I'm taking back our word, and I'm taking back my son!

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

For a second I thought the title of this thread was "Racist Simmons?" and I thought I was going to wake up tomorrow and see that it was 16 pages long.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Outing alert: Hondo and Yawn are Bob Jelenic and Ramon [/Trentonian jobs thread]

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you are such a fucking tool. few people on this board roll with the punches as much as otis, but yet you gotta bust his balls for some fucking reason that makes absolutely zero sense. once again, i blame your 63 IQ and your trailer-park-livin' parents.

keep on being you, cock drizzle.

8. I'm with Meat, I didn't pick up on the "joke" until I got on here. It totally went over my head.
    Being a redneck myself, maybe I'm just used to it. ;D

The last few Simpsons episodes I have watched sucked. They out and out sucked. Every God Damn one them has had a shitty musical number. This one had what two. Aside from three (two of which are The Wizard of Oz and the Rocky Horror Picture Show), I HATE muscials.

9. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

"Only two types of people wear Hawaiian shirts, gay guys and big fat party animals, and Bart doesn't look like a big fat party animal." --Homer Simpson

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

There's been several episodes with gays in them.

More recently, there was the episode where Springfield legalizes gay marriages and Homer starts his own church and Selma comes out.

And don't forget the overtly gay overtones of Wayland Smithers.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Smithers is gay? How in the name of all that is unholy did I miss that? ::)

That Yawn would successfully turn the Simpsons into a debate about homosexuality shows that Mr. Wet Blanket is probably the only one of us who could also turn a free-swinging orgy into an episode of Meet the Press, minus the nudity.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I thought that's what it would be, kind of like how 'All in the Family' was more of a commentary on Archie being racist, rather just being an out-and-out racist show (it showed his ignorance and made fun of it).

The Cletus thing, though, they didn't seem to make any commentary whatsoever. It was just there. It really struck me as out of character for the show.

I'm still not entirely sure how Yawn managed to turn this thread into something about homosexuality. Methinks he doth protest too much. Kind of like Chris Cooper in 'American Beauty.'

But while we're on the subject, some of my favorite 'hints' about Waylon's, um, lifestyle:
    When he switches on his computer and there is a picture of a half-naked Mr. Burns saying "Hel-lo, Smith-ers. You. really. know. how. to. turn. me. on."

Homer (I think) throws out a cassette tape outside of Moe's. It lands in Smither's car and he looks at it and smiles as he reads the title of the song: It's Raining Men."

Draft saved Draft deleted