1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism in the United States

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bear in mind the copious amounts of Mary Jane I had smoked when I began this threadjack. I think that gets me off the hook.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Bob Denver had some left over Mary Jane from his days at Maynard G. Krebs that he brought to the island.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This thread has been simply brilliant. Bubbler, cranberry, Ace, IJAG, others. Kudos. Or should I say, "You muthus is straight up gangsta bitches. Peace."

If everything Drip posted got this treatment, I could learn to like this message board.

No tabu intended.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I think it's time to address the elephant in the room: "Good Times"

5. The Big Ragu

I saw a really tall, lanky guy on the subway the other day who was the spitting image of J.J. And he was wearing the floppy hat, too, as if he knew he looked like him and wanted to play it to the hilt.

I almost gave him a "dy-no-mite," but there was something just off enough about him for me to think better of it.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You, sir, are a racist. If you saw someone who looked like Gilligan, would you feel the urge to hit him with your hat? I think not.

7. The Big Ragu

Shit. I think you're on to something.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Skipper sure did love to beat his Gilligan.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The air of good feeling on this board makes me want to adopt a black child. Anyone know where I can find my own Webster or Arnold Jackson?

10. The Big Ragu

I'd give you a recommendation. But the board don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, may not be right for some.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You know what they say ... they'll have theirs, you'll have yours and I'll have mine. And together we'll be FINE!!!!

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And if you do, be sure to show him the very special episode so he knows to stay away from Arthur Carlson.

Draft saved Draft deleted