1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism in high school hockey: Fans dress as Klan members for game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain Obvious, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

Maybe they are between a rock and a hard place.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.triplekfence.net/

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

They also specialize in wooden crosses.

4. 93Devil

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Many people along here don't have a clue how racist an act can be perceived. What's worst is that they pass that type of behavior on to their offspring. Very discouraging.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That was well-struck.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Just wondering, if you were covering that game and noticed it, how would you have handled it?

It obviously doesn't have anything to do with the outcome of the game....but there are kids dressed up like Klansmen across the rink.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

If you didn't abandon the game to write about that and I was the editor in chief, I'd have your ass in the office first thing the next morning to explain news judgment.

9. 93Devil

So the students wore the hoods for 30 seconds. not enough time to be noticed by school administrators, but after being contacted about the behavior after the game, the school division is handling what happened.

The school is doing what they need to do, and these students better hope they are not banned from all school events - and that includes walking at graduation, which is a big deal.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't agree with you often but you are correct. The only difference is I wouldn't wait until the next morning.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Thanks for the stamp of approval, Drip!

12. 93Devil

If you don't have a picture, can you run it?

Draft saved Draft deleted