1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism in Cincinnati??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BigRed, Nov 2, 2006.

1. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

If Cheye Cheye Rodrigweez is still on whatever they're calling the Seniors tour now, then Les definitely would work.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The Furman situation reminds me of John Ziegler.

Ziegler, a Louisville talk radio guy, spoke on air about a relationship he had with a local TV personality. He spared few details.

Eventualy he gets fired from Louisville and hired by a Los Angeles talk station.

The kicker? Both stations are owned by ClearChannel.

My guess is Furman (if he wants to) will pop up at another ClearChannel station in the not-so-distant future.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Remember, Cincinnati did elect Jerry Springer...that has to account for something?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That Cincinnati likes lesbians?

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

You know Jerry's down for whatever...

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Zig is great out in LA too. Some of what he said in Louisville though, wow, understandable why he was canned. I don't always agree with what he says. But he works for the best talk station in the world and he has a great slot there.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Clearchannel fired the Regular Guys from 96 Rock in Atlanta for being offensive. Twice. Though I found their show sophomoric, revolting and unentertaining, they were nonetheless highly rated. This leads me to believe the WLW situation has more to do with the chain than it does the city.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Huh?

9. Turns out you can say "booger" now.
    But you can't say....

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I enjoyed when Furman would criticize various aspects of the game-day operations at Great American Ballpark ... and then admit he'd never actually attended a game there. That kind of intellectual dishonesty should have him ticketed for national greatness.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Dude also got booted from a guest column from one of the local rags for plagiarism, so I won't shed a tear for him. Listen, Andy is a smart guy. Knows alot about sports. But he's also always trying to work a hustle, and follows the example of the king dipshit at that station, Willie Cunningham -- talk loud, talk fast, claim superiority and fuck the facts.

12. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Not for nothing, Killick, but that's the most sickening, disturbing and off-putting sig pic I've ever seen, and I don't mean that as a compliment. Just sayin'.

I mean, you certainly have a right to use it, but it's real gross without any warning whatsoever.

Draft saved Draft deleted