1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism by Media on China Sickening Plus Racial Slur by KNBR sports host Tom Tol

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blog415, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I wouldn't use "authoritarian scumbags", either, unless you actually wanted to return someday, for some reason . . .

2. Flash

Flash Guest

So how are things in Tibet anyway?

And P.S. ... BLOGS!!!

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Speaking of racism against asians, my buddy is getting married next week and the rehearsal dinner is friday. Then sent out evites, and one of the people that repsponded was a "japmom1." I called my buddy to find out who that was. Turns out, his mother-in-law to be's initials are j-a-p.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Racism by Media on China Sickening Plus Racial Slur by KNBR sports host Tom

Peachy keen if you're into genocide and oppression of religious freedom. Right, Wizzle?

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"China. Come for the Games, stay for the oppression, pollution and lead toys."

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

And eating dog meat.

7. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

It's way, way too late to salvage this thread with anything serious, but what the hell:

If you criticize a regime that happens to be Asian, does that make you a racist? Or simply against that type of regime?

Are people who are criticizing Russia right now racist? Who criticize Castro?

Other unfortunate racial connotations and comments aside, at its base, this isn't an Asian thing. It's a China thing. And that's more about government and society than race, at least to many.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The chinaman is not the issue here.
    It's the idiot blogger.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's all of the executed prisoners. They get a little gamey when you stash them under the bed.

10. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE GUYS WHO BUILT THE RAILROADS, WALTER!

11. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Can we nuke this so there won't be a blog416?

12. Slash

Slash Member

Re: Racism by Media on China Sickening Plus Racial Slur by KNBR sports host Tom

I can’t speak for everyone and certainly don’t condone racist comments. However, I still believe it is absurd that China hosts the Olympics. Communist county, whose roots lie with a tyrant whose regime killed many people. You cant breathe without blowing black chunks out of your nose, and dog is served in most restaurants.

Can we please keep the Olympics in democratic, clean (or relatively so) countries that don’t consume canines. This is no slight on the Chinese people or Asians. But, it is well within any media member’s right to question the decision. Especially, after a person was murdered and an 11-year-old helped the Chinese win the gymnastics competition.

Draft saved Draft deleted