1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism at UC San Diego

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Mar 3, 2010.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

C'mon, AQB, you're better than that! :D

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You should have had a Bobby Knight hunting competition.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This was many years before his hunting problem.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This just sounds like a normal day at Duke.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Phi Tau?

6. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I never knew about the orange soda thing until me late 20s and still don't understand it.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't know if there is anything to understand. It's delicious.

8. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I agree....so never understood why it was dubbed a race thing at some point. I drank it growing up and never heard about it being a stereotype until I was in my late 20s when my daughter's godfather pointed it out on a vacation. He's black and his wife was picking at him about bring orange soda back.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

If white kids want to have a Compton Cookout, that's racist, but it's OK for black kids to dress up for lepraucans (sp?) on St. Patty's Day?
    The noose thing and white hoods is way out of line, but Tijuana Sunrise and Compton Cookout? Come on now. Relax a little bit.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Because that's the mainstream; that's what the mainstream wants you to celebrate.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The Compton Cookout started this whole thing, but once the flames were already burning, some idiots around campus thought it would be funny to throw gas on the fire. Hence, the noose and the KKK pillowcase and the TV station saying sensitive things.

The stupidest part is the douchebag TV show director who got suspended, and refuses to talk on the record unless the reporter making the request buys him beer.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"I told you that's what they eat!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted