1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rachel Dolezal 2.0, #BlackLivesMatter Activist Shaun King is White

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How pissed are blacks at this point?

Damn white devil muthafuckas trying to steal our skin color now!

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I would suggest you wait a bit before deciding what's actually been revealed here.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Screen_Shot_2015-08-20_at_2.04.02_PM.png

This is a photo of him from high school and damn, this line, " All of my siblings and I have different parents. I'm actually not even sure how many siblings I have."

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Why? It was determined he was white on the first post of the thread, and anyone who dares question it was laughed at.

Where's PW2 to tell us what the appropriate action is here?

franticscribe likes this.
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So his "proof" that he's black is his mom had kids from a bunch of different men? That sure sounds racist to me.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

SooperMexican is a great Twitter follow, but then I don't think you're even on Twitter.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

His "proof" that he is black is the assertion that his father is black.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Did you bother to read the letter? His "proof" is his claim that his mother directly told him that his biological father was actually a light skinned black man and not the man listed on his birth certificate.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeahhhhh suuuuuuuure ...

And, for the record, I don't know this guy from Adam's housecat. But his story sure does have a whole lot of convenient boxes that are checked. A skeptic might think it's a bit too well put-together.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh Boo Hoo.

This guy made his personal narrative into a launching pad for a race base scholarship and a central role as a #BlackLivesMatter activist.

Should this narrative go unexplored? I'm pretty shocked that a fucking reporter thinks it should be and is criticizing the people who actually looked into the back story.

And, I might also point out that he does not declarative say that his father is a light skinned black man, he says he was told this. That's not the same thing. If it was, Elizabeth Warren would be part Indian (the woo-woo kind):

I have been told for most of my life that the white man on my birth certificate is not my biological father and that my actual biological father is a light-skinned black man. My mother and I have discussed her affair. She was a young woman in a bad relationship and I have no judgment. This has been my lived reality for nearly 30 of my 35 years on earth.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Time to go find mama.

Draft saved Draft deleted