1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rachel Dolezal 2.0, #BlackLivesMatter Activist Shaun King is White

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 20, 2015.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Black or white?

[​IMG]

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

King had a "tweet storm" last night where he "defended" himself, without ever denying that both of his parents are white:

Shaun King on Twitter

If you have known me from when I was in elementary school at Huntertown Elementary until now, you've known me as black or bi-racial.

While he claims he's, "done addressing it," it looks like he's going with the, "I've identified as bi-racial since I was in elementary school," defense, while not actually claiming to be bi-racial.

3. YankeeFan

The whole, "done addressing it," thing is always fun too.

The best way to put something behind you is to answer all the questions about the situation.

Of course, when you've been caught in a lie, and don't want to admit it, that can be tough to do.

But, you can't be a leader, and address other topics as long as you refuse to fully answer the questions everyone wants answers to. We saw this with John Kerry in 2004, and we're seeing it now with Hillary Clinton.

Not sure how this guy is going to continue to do media appearances and think he can ignore this.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He should just say "haters gonna hate" and get it over with.

5. YankeeFan

That only works for TV reporters in Rhode Island.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Took you a wile Yankeefan but you were able to bring a Clinton into this.

Maybe Bill Clinton was black.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

People have long said he was the first black president.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Black or white?

[​IMG]

10. YankeeFan

I can't believe I left out Caleb Hannan from the post!

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd watch that.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Apparently the police report from the high school incident states that it was a 1 on 1 altercation which resulted from King threatening the other guy's girlfriend because he claimed she owed him 8 dollars over a broken CD, and that there were only minor injuries consisting of an abrasion on the cheek and complaints of pain elsewhere.

King, it appears, has spun this into a "hate crime" tale of being viciously attacked and kicked with steel-toed boots by a lynch mob of around a dozen redneck racists who left him a bloody mess clinging to life with such serious injuries that we was forced to miss 18 months of school, and which was one of the state's first ever registered hate crimes.

To me, this may be the most contemptible component of this and the Dolezal stories. Not necessarily lying about their race, which frankly amuses me, but that in both cases it appears they fabricated phony hate crime stories to advance their interests and boost their credentials as black leaders. If true, that's just such despicable behavior.

More Damning Details Emerge About Black Lives Matter Activist’s Hate Crime Claim

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    SnarkShark and Mr. Sunshine like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted