1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rachael v. Giada ... Who's gonna win?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Nov 8, 2006.

?

Who's gonna win Sunday night's battle between Rachael Ray and Giada?

1. Rachael

19.3%
  2. Giada

57.9%
  3. Who cares?

22.8%
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Another carpal tunnel victim.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You do know that there is more to life than JUST sports, right?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The voice of sanity.

4. tommyp

tommyp Member

Thanks, Buck. I'm honored ...

But we all have our moments of insanity, Buck.

Therefore, I'm pulling an item from today's Page Six on last night's Batali roast in NYC:

Order Of Batali On Toast
    ALL that was missing from the roasting of Mario Batali was the apple in his mouth. The portly, ponytailed superchef was mercilessly skewered at the charity event to kick off the third annual New York Comedy Festival. The Post's Braden Keil reports that Howard Stern sidekick Artie Lange told Batali, "You look like Kiefer Sutherland if he was stung by bees. You're double his size. You could star in a show called '48.' " Ted Allen of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" chimed in, "The good thing about roasting Mario Batali is that he's self-basting . . . And he hasn't really cooked anything since 1979, unless of course you count freebasing."

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Mario Batali. Simple. Great recipes that are easy to cook and (from what I can see) very authentic.

I'd also like to order some wine from his store, but it's waaaayyyy toooo expensive. Maybe one day.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I ate at Lupa once. It was very good.
    Battali wasn't there.

7. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

If it is cranberries, Flay and Batali both should help them create tarts just to fit the motif.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

None of them can carry the jock of Masaharu Morimoto.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Morimoto looked fierce in that outfit in the original show. I ate at his places in both Philly and NYC and was underwhelmed and overcharged.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Morimoto rocking the silver was hot.

I loves me some him.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Was he the one who once took a blowtorch to a chunk of tofu? The unintentional comedy in that scene was off the scale.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The original show was awesome. The perfect amount of cheesiness, competition and fun. The idea not to dub the voice of Kaga was genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted