1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rachael v. Giada ... Who's gonna win?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Nov 8, 2006.

?

Who's gonna win Sunday night's battle between Rachael Ray and Giada?

1. Rachael

19.3%
  2. Giada

57.9%
  3. Who cares?

22.8%
  1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You see, the young'uns around here should listen to their elders when it comes to women. :)

Rachel Ray is what, 30 something? She still acts as if she's 17. Perkiness is a character flaw at a certain age.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Giada would walk away with this. Rachael isn't a trained chef, and she's barely even a cook.

I think I have more line experience than she does.

I think that's why Flay and Batali are there. Flay needs to draw a good ingredient to do well, while Batali is way more well rounded.

I'm really curious to see what the ingredient is.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It's cranberries.

It says so on the Web site.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, there you go.

I've seen Rachael use cranberries before. Don't know if Giada does...

5. tommyp

tommyp Member

I think you can expect to see Flay attempt one of his patented 7-spice (name your meat/fish/poultry) entrees.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They just ass-fucked Flay the last time I saw him on there.

He was against a classic-French guy, and I think the ingredient was brie.

He just rolled his eyes.

Anything meat, and he's the favorite.

You can expect a cranberry/chile chutney or salsa of some kind, as well.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Batali rules -- Babbo makes my top 10 restaurants and top 5 in NYC.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And, Molto Mario was the best straight cooking show on Food Network.

No gimmicks, no frills, just a really good cook showing you how to prepare authentic Italian regional food.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Flay's places are just OK. Mesa Grill used to be pretty good a few years back, but I didn't like it the last time that I went. Bolo was decent. Not to get all Dr. Z, but there is a little too much about Flay and not enough about the food.

As to Rachael v. Giada, first round TKO for Giada on the looks. We actually cook a lot of the 30 minute meals at home -- for the time challanged, they are pretty good.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Canned chicken stock!

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

12. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

webster, agree with you on mesa grill. my wife and i ate there one time, and it was just OK and just a tad overpriced. my wife ate there another time on a work trip and enjoyed it a little more.

a bummer - my wife and i had reservations for a saturday night at babbo a few weeks back but something came up and i couldn't make it.

and while it can be a trendy place, we were able to have a nice meal at nobo next door on a weeknight and sat next to malcolm gladwell.

batali rules. i also like michael chiarello. i dig flay's recipes, he's sort of a tool. same with emeril.

and giada wins hand down, hand up, hand down, hand up.

Draft saved Draft deleted