1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rachael Ray: The album! The ringtones!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

Zack Braff needs to let her know that he's the only non-musical person allowed to be picking soundtracks.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I don't watch, but I'm sure more people are watching her than Megan Mulally.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Rachael Ray's "Peeps" Show (no, it's not what you think, unfortunately)
    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2006/09/bookers-to-rachel-we-hate-your-friends.php

Among Rachael Ray's many engaging and/or annoying quirks is her commitment to using "real people" instead of professional experts on her new daytime talk show. She even has a characteristically cutesy name for guests who in many cases are her close, personal friends: "content buddies."

But while the apple-cheeked Martha Stewart manqué may think her pals make for great television, others who work on the show disagree. According to a well-placed source, the show's bookers have been fighting to replace "Rachael's Peeps" (as they're referred to on the show's website) with the standard lineup of PhDs, magazine editors, and other experts. The reason, according to the source, is as much personal as professional: "All of the producers hate her friends," he says. "There's a lot of internal conflict."
    Of course, Ray has a track record of giving gigs to people close to her whether they deserve them or not. At the launch party for her magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, last November, the entertainment was provided by a band called The Cringe, fronted by her husband, John Cusimano. According to New York magazine, the group was so "atrocious," the only revelers who stuck around for the entire set were Ray and her immediate family.

Rachael's peeps: http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/?q=cool-people/rachaels-peeps

4. KP

KP Active Member

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/magazines/rachael_ray_to_open_burger_joint_46014.asp (link includes NSFW picture)

Ray told an audience at the American Magazine Conference in Phoenix on Sunday she will open the yet-untitled "burger joint" in New York, based on 190 burger recipes she has cooked up. "We'll rotate them," she said. "Tuna burgers, swordfish burgers, turkey burgers," Ray said, "I like anything you can pick up with your hands — portable food." Ray said she also plans to open fast-food versions of the flagship.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

She makes Kelly Ripa seem like Steven Wright.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Was channel surfing this afternoon and paused for a second on 30-Minute Meals... I just couldn't listen any more...

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I love 30 minute meals, and I couldn't take 30 minutes of her NBC show.

As much as I hate to say it, stay in the kitchen, sweetie.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Classic.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

She taught us how to make brisket three different ways today.

:p

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

That's funny. When she's in my sight, that's when MY tree goes up.

EDIT: I spent Post 3,000 talking about my ding-dong. I wish I could say I'm surprised.

12. tommyp

tommyp Member

Draft saved Draft deleted