1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R-Rod settles will pony up the $4 mil he owes WVU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 9, 2008.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I disagree. Hotshot coach will simply insist on no buyout clause. At that point, it'll be WVU's decision on whether or not to hire him.

2. The buyout-clause trend is coming to an end anyway. The agents are telling the coaches that hefty buyouts eliminate any potential leverage with other openings and make it difficult to extort raises.

Upcoming big contracts will be more in the Saban style.

3. Notepad

Notepad Member

Wonder what the ultimate RichRod lackey/assclown Chuck Finder has to say about this one.
    Finder looks like a real idiot now.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned CRR. It took me forever to realize this meant Coach Rich Rodriguez.

I might end up writing for Web sites, I might end up waiting tables at the Rivals.com Sports Zone (sure to happen eventually, huh?), but If I ever start referring to coaches by initials that begin with C for Coach ... CSS, CLM, CMB, etc. ... please shoot me between the eyes, and please don't miss.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Bingo!

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

And Richie Rod gets to pay his share over three years.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why any coach with Rodriguez's stature and bargaining power (meaning, the leverage he had with WVU last year when his contract was signed) would agree to a buy-out clause of even 1 dollar?

I mean, he's holding the cards at that point and can say real simply -- "no buy-out clause or I am going to Alabama" -- what's WVU going to say? No?

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What I love is that Michigan's so bitter about OSU's recent success that they're willing to back away from their recent run of Sons of Ann Arbor and reach deep into the cesspool for this hustler.

Sanctions by '11, or bust . . .

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good column by Rosenberg basically saying what was said here -- Rodriguez is an untrustworthy fuck...

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080709/SPORTS06/80709105

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Damn, if only they had a few more black players, they coulda beat Pitt last year and made the national title game!

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No body will care if Me-chicken goes 11-1 and beats OSU.......

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Like that's going to happen

Draft saved Draft deleted