1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R-Rod settles will pony up the $4 mil he owes WVU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Good for WVU.
    Bastard should have paid up in the first place!

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Whatta sport.

Trial would have been a great spectacle, though.

3. I think that's why he settled.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What a stand-up guy he is...

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He'll have Michigan sanctioned no later than '11.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Who is paying this, though?
    Is it coming out of his pocket or some Michigan booster?

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I never thought any rivalry would ever give North Carolina-Duke a run for it's sheer assholishness. Michigan-Ohio State, I salute you.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

WVU should also make him pay for all costs and attorneys fees for trying to weasel his way out of paying.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

WVU should have fun trying to land a good coach next time they make a change.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, yeah . . . Richie Rich has been a rolemodel for youth, through all of this.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Which is completely irrelevant to my point.

People are going to remember how poorly, and publicly, WVU handled this. They would still have received their money if they'd kept this behind closed doors.

Instead they decided to go with the nuclear option and tried to make Rodriguez look like an ax murderer for taking a better job. Coaches switch jobs all the freakin' time and the buyouts get paid without the need for the ham-handed efforts put forth by the hillbillies running Morgantown Community College.

WVU can be a pretty good job but guys who might be interested in it when it opens up in a couple of years will probably steer clear because they don't want to risk being put thru the bullshit Rodriguez went through. Especially when they know they'll be out on their ass after a couple of 6-6 seasons.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Richie's got every right to go to Ann Arbor.

Once he hands over $4 mill.

Draft saved Draft deleted