1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R. Kelly: No more nailing 13-year-olds for me!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

He's had some good songs on his newer albums, but not much can top the old R. Kelly jams. "Rockstar" and "Double Up" are both amazing songs, but "Ignition," "Bump and Grind" and "Hotel" kill it.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Agreed his older stuff is amazing. I did dig Same Girl though.

3. Rumpleforeskin

"Same Girl" is a good song, as is "I'm a Flirt," but recently, his best stuff has been as a feature on other's songs.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Repped for real talk.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

He is turning into Nate Dogg

6. Rumpleforeskin

I heard a rumor, somewhere, that Nate Dogg was coming out with a new album soon. It's probably dropping the same day as Eminem's and Dr. Dre's. Which is the 12th of Never, or so it seems.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Nate has done a few albums I bought G Funk Classics and was disappointed, he should stick to singin hooks. As Ice Cube said "It must be a single if Nate Dogg singin on it"

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm a Flirt blew.

9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

But Eminem said on 'Encore' he was gonna make Dre do it like 3 years ago :D

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I got tired of I'm A Flirt really quickly. Same Girl is great, I mean the two best R&B singers, arguably, of the last 15 years on the same track.

11. Rumpleforeskin

The regular "I'm a Flirt" sucks, but the remix with T.I. and T-Pain is pretty good. Any song with T.I. on it has a chance at being something special.

Edit: On a side, I think J Holiday and Lloyd have a good chance at being the R&B singers of the future. Lloyd's new album, "Lessons in Love" is a good listen.

Eminem was supposed to drop "King Mathers" last year, but hackers kept finding it some how and he pushed it back. Dre, well, I don't know what's going on with him. I can call someone who does.

[​IMG]

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

IJAG has rather strong feelings on T-Pain.

Draft saved Draft deleted