1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. Tupac Amaru Shakur

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Still a Bulls fan, Sep 13, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

hondo, he was, if nothing else, a hell of a writer, and should be celebrated as such.

You don't like it, don't read the thread.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it, I'm ready to buy my special release Tupac coin, made from the metal from the SUV in which he rode that night. It's the perfect way to pay tribute. You want one?

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

HAHAHAHAHAH Now THAT'S funny. :D

(except he was in some sports car. Biggie was in an SUV. I just remembered that. But still funny as hell, because I'm picturing the commercials.)

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I didn't care 10 years ago, either.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Helluva writer compared to who? Steinbeck? Hemingway? Baldwin? Lennon-McCartney? Hank Williams Sr.?

6. The dude was fucking talented. Mainstream America always saw Pac as just a "Thug" or "Gangbanger". Yeah some people didn't care then and they dont care now, but Pac left his impact not only on music, but in our society as well.

7. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Your choice. He was a true artist who impacted the rap game in ways others can only dream. He was a real street poet, and there will never be another like him.

8. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

Man, don't waste your time with some of the old farts around here.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Please don't mistake hondo for Mainstream America.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He was a hell of a writer compared to anyone, hondo.

It's a genre you don't appreciate, but then again, your flaming bigotry likely has a lot to do with that.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Explain how not liking rap makes me a bigot?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It doesn't.

Prclaiming your dislike for whole groups of people you don't know based on the actions of people of similar skin tone makes you a bigot.

Draft saved Draft deleted