1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. to the best action shows of my childhood

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 15, 2014.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Don't forget his middle initial.

His name followed all my favorite shows.

BG was the best, but I also watched"Buck Rogers" and even "B.J. and the Bear."

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Quincy was his best show and the precursor to 90 percent of network television these days.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He produced so many shows that I loved, including the ones mentioned so far on this thread.

I recently watched a couple of episodes of the original Battlestar Galactica on Netflix. They certainly weren't as good as the remake, but they hold up better than I thought they would.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

From beyond the grave, Stephen J. Cannell scoffs at the thread title and defiantly flips a page from A-Team script in your direction, Evil.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Quincy was awful.
    Klugman deserved a better job.

At first, that is. Then Klugman bought into the bullshit,
    and then a medical examiner was solving murders every week.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You realize how far television has come when you realize Larson was one of the more successful producers during the 70s and 80s. But he knew how to program for 12-year-old boys and sell toys.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Some of my earliest TV memories were courtesy of B.J. and the Bear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3GpxAyM6yc

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

A wildly underrated show that I wish was on in syndication.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It's always interesting to find out which shows people watched as young kids. Because often you can tell which people watched shows by themselves and which people watched shows with their parents.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I personally was a fan of ABC, Charlie's Angels, TJ Hooker, Vegas.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I always liked the T&A shows, including Hee Haw.

Draft saved Draft deleted