1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. Rashaan Salaam

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Wonder if CTE played a role.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

A rare time when I don't have snark. Been 22 years but I still remember him torching Wisconsin in Boulder like it was last week.

Tweener likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I really don't want to like this, but CWCID.

4. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

I was born in '86 and Rashaan Salaam was the first guy I was emulating in the back yard. I would be Salaam and my friend would be Kordell Stewart. I lived in Wisconsin but my first college football memory that sticks out was Stewart's Hail Mary in the Big House caught by Michael Westbrook in front of Ty Law. NFL name-dropping I know. It sticks out not just because of the players involved but I was downstairs in the living room watching the game and my dad said What the hell are you watching this for, this game is over." So I went upstairs and turned on the TV up there. A few minutes later I am screaming "OH MY GOD!, UNBELIEVABLE." My dad was mad at me for making so much noise No. 1 but more so that he didn't see it live!

RIP, Rashaan!

RubberSoul1979 likes this.
  5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Don't remember where I heard it, but I caught Rick Neuheisel talking about Salaam today.

Neuheisel said one of the moments he remembered most about Salaam was his block during the Miracle In Michigan game to free up just enough time for Kordell Stewart to launch the ball 70 yards.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That might be the shortest post to make me LOL.

We all are sure going to hell.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted