1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. N-Word

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The N word was buried with many smiles and no tears shed.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2007/jul/09/070908706.html

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Mandatory post: This won't end well.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

DTGDTRN!

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

At least lock it now, save the headache.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

They should have buryd the headline along with it.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

NAACP Symbolically Burys N Word

Isn't it spelled "buries"? Or is that just a black thang and I wouldn't understand?

Or am I just an idiot?

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Well, now ya better be prepared to be called a racist.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic: The security at our office building today was looking for a guy that has been in the building several times, and basically, shouldn't be here. The head security guy, a latino guy, said that they were looking for an "African-American of Black descent".

People are so afraid of saying the wrong term, they end up saying something like "African-American of Black descent".

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I'll take that to mean that "We gather burying all the things that go with the N-word. We have to bury the 'pimps' and the 'hos' that go with it" means they'll also blast the rappers for using the word, or are they excused?

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Why? you planning on starting a rap career and just wanted to know if you could still use the word?

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No, I'm just not going to let the liberals who occasionally become moral allow for a conditional burial. Either the corpse is in the ground or it isn't.

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Give "the liberals who" stuff a rest, please. Direct your anger toward a real person or group of people, not some imaginary subset from which you can create a strawman. The NAACP is foolish to do this; direct your anger to them and stop painting with a broad brush. That type of rhetoric sets back political dialogue.

ANYONE who does this type of grandstanding and then -- most likely -- will not back it up when the rubber meets the road, deserves to be criticized. But leave the political buzzword crap out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.