1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. Lou Zamperini

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 3, 2014.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Lou Zamperini's story is amazing. I always associate him with the late, great Marty Glickman, who I believe started his memorial race while he was M.I.A.

R.I.P.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Stud.

Tom Brokaw with him, and Angelina Jolie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fusX7zNutN8

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That is a great book.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

A true American hero. So wonderful his incredible story was told so wonderfully that it could be shared with all of us.

RIP, Mr. Zamperini.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wonderful, inspiring man.

My oldest read Unbroken when he was about 12 and went to see him at our local library a couple of years ago. Mr. Zamperini has been a shining example to my boy to appreciate all that he has. Thank you Mr. Zamperini and may you:

RIP

6. YankeeFan

BTW, how about Laura Hillenbrand?

She publishes her first book, Seabiscuit, in 2001, and doesn't follow it up until 2010, when she publishes Unbroken.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I read something way back about her struggles with chronic fatigue syndrome. I actually thought that syndrome wasn't a legit thing, until I read about her and then read an essay she wrote about how much she struggles. Writing is a real battle for her. It takes everything she has just to get through each day -- she rarely even leaves home.

8. YankeeFan

Yeah, I read the same thing.

Either way, it's a unique career.

Draft saved Draft deleted