1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P Jane Wyman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Sep 10, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

The first Mrs. Ronald Reagan and an Academy Award winning actress dead at age 93.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070910/ap_en_ce/obit_wyman_14

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Didn't you go to high school with her?

3. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

If she could have just tolerated the boredom that was Ronnie think of the obit ...

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

She was a pretty good actress during her prime, but everyone will remember her as the egomaniac Angela Channing ruling the Falcon Crest brood with an iron fist. God, I loved how she verbally abused her daughter Abby and her daughter in-law Susan Sullivan like a fly looking for cow manure.

The AP had a quote from her that I'll take away as something to keep in mind: never talk about your ex-spouse, regardless what they did and how the divorce went down.

Classy and diginified throughout her life. God speed, Angela.

5. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Doc: Then tell me, Future Boy, who's President in the United States in 1985?
    Marty: Ronald Reagan.
    Doc: Ronald Reagan? The actor?!? Then who's vice-President? Jerry Lewis? I suppose Jane Wyman is the First Lady!
    Marty: Whoa! Wait! Doc!
    Doc: And Jack Benny, the Secretary of the Treasury!

Sorry that's the first thing I thought of.

RIP.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Absolutely golden, Dude.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Hey, my dad, who is 90, did go to school with her, Berendo Junior High and L.A. Poly (which back then was where L.A. Trade Tech is now). Spnited, do you know my dad??

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Old story . . . Ronnie Rayguns was bitching that she wouldn't drop everything to play helpmate when he was playing his political games in the late 40's . . . just about the time when she was deep into making her bones, doing Johnny Belinda . . . sort of a juniior-league DiMag/MM situation, when Joe D.'s simple self was wondering why Marilyn wouldn't drop everything and stay home and cook Italian while he was hanging out with his cronies . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted