1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. Dolores Hope

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 19, 2011.

1. It should be noted that Maureen O'Hara who co-starred with John Wayne in The Quite Man just turned 91 and is till doing fine. Quite a remarkable woman.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Um, wow. And I thought she was incredible in "The Quiet Man."

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Was she the one with John Candy and Ally Sheedy in the movie about a funeral home owner? ("Only The Lonely," I think) That was a sweet underrated gem.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

As well they should be. That's awesome. What would be really funny (in my cynical lawyer/writer fiction kinda way) though -- maybe I'll write this into my screenplay -- is if they finally decided they couldn't stand each other anymore and lawyered up for a heated divorce battle.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

"I've put up with your shit for 80 goddamn years!"

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

It almost writes itself.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Jesus, you must have spent the 1980s watching movies.

(1991 - my bad)

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As if you had to specify. In your case, it sort of goes without saying, doesn't it? :)

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hi I'm BYH nice to meet you! :D

The One Who Got Away and I saw Only The Lonely on our second or third date, so I've always had a soft spot for it.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I love Sam Drucker. His store stocked all the good games, including "cabbage" and "monotony."

11. Did it ever bother you that those pretty girls were all bathing in the town's drinking water at the start of the show? I mean the phrase "I'd drink her bathwater" is not to be taken literally.

Draft saved Draft deleted