1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. Daytime Soaps

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 27, 2010.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Reid died in February. I assume that DOOL has yet to formally write Alice out of the show.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Every channel is selling you something, though.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Disney is worse than some others.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Perfect example of how much you were missed, BYH ...

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

That is the case, but her death and funeral are fast approaching - not sure exactly when.

Maybe they delayed killing off Alice because they wanted to avoid her death happening too close to that of her son Mickey, who died in January (John Clarke, his main portrayer, is still very much alive but Mickey hadn't been seen on the show in eons other than when Kevin Dobson briefly played him a couple of years ago).

Conversely, I understand that Jennifer, Mike and Lucas' dad Bill will return for Alice's funeral, the first time Bill has been in Salem in years, although the two actors who've portrayed him have both died.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wow, okay. A whole bunch of former actors are returning for a storyline based on Alice's death and funeral. They won't be one-shot appearances either, where they come back, stay five minutes and disappear.

The returnees will include Bryan Dattilo (Lucas), Christie Clark (Carrie), Jaime Lyn Bauer (Laura), Lisa Trusel (Melissa), Maree Cheatham (Marie), Mary Beth Evans (Kayla), Melissa Reeves (Jennifer), Patsy Pease (Kimberly) and Roark Critchlow (Mike). And John Martin, who used to be on Y&R, will be the new Bill.

http://thedayspub.wordpress.com/2010/04/15/plans-for-alice-hortons-farwell-storyline/ (With a recent picture of Melissa Reeves! :D)

http://thedayspub.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/all-star-line-up-announced-for-alice-hortons-funeral/ (With a picture of Christie Clark! :D)

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

I was going to mention that, but then I thought I would have to set myself on fire for publicly admitting that I knew it.

Given my apparently still extensive interest in Days of Our Lives, I probably should self-immolate anyway, so I figure I might as well fess up to the iCarly knowledge before I go. :p

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Speaking of kids' TV, when did Denisha on Sprout start rocking the afro?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Damn shame too. Now what are fat unemployed women going to Jill-off to?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, when you have kids, you tend to have to admit you know stuff that you'd rather not know about.

Like, for a year, I could name the entire morning kiddie lineup from PBS.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I was like that with the Barney songs. It's dark knowledge I wish I could unknow.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm ashamed that I know that the f-ing chick on the loathsome "Wonder Pets" has a speech impediment.

Draft saved Draft deleted