1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. Daytime Soaps

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 27, 2010.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Believe it or not, there is actually a need for Disney Jr., especially if they run programs commercial-free like Nick Jr. The main Disney channel has some stuff that's good for preschoolers but also has live-action tween shit like iCarly, which my toddler has no interest in and I can't stomach.

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I stopped watching General Hospital last year after over 20 years of watching (or actually, recording and then watching).

I haven't missed it a bit.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Donna graduates from high school at some point. She and David also have sex. And then I think the world caves in on itself.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

This. But my understanding is that Jennifer (and her portrayer, Melissa Reeves) is coming back, for Alice's funeral at least.

5. Mitch E.

Mitch E. Member

I believe there is a Disney Teen, can't remember what it's called though. Disney X something??

I can't believe there is this much outrage over losing a channel devoted to soaps. Really?

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Only BYH could start a thread in which the loss he laments is worse than the offense against which he rages.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Disney doesn't have enough money to keep SoapNet on the air while also adding this abomination?
    The wife is not going to be happy about this.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

That's the channel where they have a big Mouseketeer gangbang.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Can Disney Pedobear be far behind?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mmmmm, Melissa Reeves.

Until your post, I didn't know Frances Reid had died. I always liked Grandma Horton's appearances on the show back when I watched decades ago.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I guess God needed something to watch while he was doing the ironing.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

iCarly is actually on Nickolodeon. It's not bad, but they've been talking about stuff that I sure as heck don't want my under-10 kids learning about.

It ain't about the soaps. It's about Disney adding another channel for toy commercials disgused as entertainment.

Draft saved Draft deleted