1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. Daytime Soaps

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 27, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Disney Junior? Holy fuck......

"Around the world, our Disney-branded channels are burgeoning, distinguished by the special place Disney has in the hearts of kids — who delight in our characters and stories — and parents who trust our commitment to entertaining and helping their preschoolers, kids and tweens grow through engaging, relevant programming. By adding a dedicated U.S. channel for preschoolers to our global portfolio, we look forward to enhancing that sense of magical storytelling and parental trust, and expanding our offerings, locally and globally, from morning to night, to deliver more Disney-quality content that will resonate with generations to come."

Jesus Christ. Where do we keep the barf bags??

As for SoapNet, it seems to me that it's a strong enough entity that it could continue to exist under new ownership. Perhaps its future may even be online.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

BUY OUR SHIT!!!!!

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

"Around the world, our Disney-branded channels are burgeoning, distinguished by the special place Disney has in the hearts of kids — who delight in our characters and stories — and parents who trust our commitment to entertaining and helping their preschoolers, kids and tweens grow through engaging, relevant programming. By adding a dedicated U.S. channel for preschoolers to our global portfolio, we look forward to enhancing that sense of magical storytelling and parental trust, and expanding our offerings, locally and globally, from morning to night, to deliver more Disney-quality content that will resonate with generations to come."

Translation - We're after even more kids who are too young to realize what greedy parasites we are!! We're also targeting more parents who are either blissfully naive about who we are and what we do, or simply don't give a shit that we talk the talk about family-friendly entertainment but, by putting sluts in training like Miley Cyrus and Vanessa Hudgens in your faces 24/7, can hardly be perceived by the sane to be walking the walk.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Disney Junior? Who the fuck is the current Disney targeting?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

DOOL has been dead ever since Jack and Jennifer left.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'll give five bucks to whoever can diagram the sentences in Disney's press release.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Disney Junior? How many Disney channels are there already? I know we have at least three or four on our Dish package, and our room at the Disney resort last summer had probably about 10 Disney channels.

Disney Junior? What the fuck? When's Disney Senior hit the air? Disney Teen? Disney 20-Something?

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I understand the appeal for Disney Junior -- they compete with Nickelodeon for the kids TV market, and there's already a Nick Jr. network. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see a Disney Teen at some point to compete with Teen Nick (formerly The N).

I draw the line at Disney Embryo.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

First-rate.

11. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Likely to battle Sprout as well.

This has been Disney's m.o. in terms of children's programming for sometime. Take a PBS-type show and retool it for Disney. Handy Manny=Bob the Builder. Imagination Movers=The Wiggles. There are several others, but I don't want to think of them right now.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Disney just has the interests of your man-card at heart, beej

Draft saved Draft deleted