1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P., Chris Reidy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Craig_Lancaster, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I hope Jim Kuykendall is doing better. Another stalwart who has been battling at the Courant.

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

From my APSE days, I knew Bo and Mark, I can't remember what Chris looked like (anyone post a pic?).
    Jeff and Scott are two of the best guys in the biz, I can't say how sad I feel for them and the rest of the Courant.
    My condolences to his family and his Courant family.

3. Craig_Lancaster

Craig_Lancaster New Member

Here's an old photo of Chris. He didn't change much over the years.

I'd say, too, that this one pretty well captures who he was. A fun-loving, gentle man.

[​IMG]

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

So sad...

RIP

5. I asked Scott Powers to send me several issues of the Hartford Courant a few years ago and he sent, unsolicited, a handful of weekly college football special sections they did as well. Everything he sent was top shelf, but that weekly college football section was different than what other papers do. I called Scott and he said that was all Chris Reidy. It was a broadsheet and captured the national and local college news. It had such life. Chris' byline is all over it. I still have the copies. I wish my paper would do things like that. Chris' talent certainly was apparent. I wish I knew him.

Draft saved Draft deleted