1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.A. Dickey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As of this morning Dickey leads Cain in almost every statistical category.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Surprised no one has mentioned that with his one-hitter last night Dickey became the first pitcher to throw consecutive one-hitters since Dave Stieb in 1988 and the first National League pitcher to do it since Jim Tobin in 1944. Dickey absolutely deserves his own thread the way he is pitching right now.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Some more info:

Per Elias, Dickey is the first player in modern day ball (since 1900) with back-to-back complete-game one-hitters of 10+ strikeouts. Furthermore, he is the 1st in ALL of MLB history with five straight starts of 0 ER and 8+ strikeouts.

From here: http://www.thatsaclownquestionbro.com/

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

How about apologizing for posting a thread for something that doesn't exist?

5. MankyTrout

MankyTrout New Member

If you get Dickey, the Divine Fish, KY and Manky together... I'll leave the rest to your imagination

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It was mentioned on the running thread, I believe.

And the question Manky asked to kick off this thread had already been asked and answered -- by numerous people -- in the running thread.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Manky you going to be at Yankee Stadium on Sunday? I don't think anyone else will.

8. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Can we go back to Sabathia being "the AL's top pitcher"?

With the whole hangup over earned vs. unearned runs allowed by Dickey, it seems this little nugget of fanboy foolishness was glossed over.

I'm not trying to start another argument here, but this kind of unapologetic fanatacism just makes me sad.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Boy, you stick around Manky's thread for long, you're going to be inconsolable.

10. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

I don't live in New York anymore, so unfortunately no I won't!

11. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

You disagree that Sabathia is the best pitcher in the American League?

Who are the other candidates?

The only other pitchers in the conversation are Verlander, Felix Hernandez, Jared Weaver, and Andy Pettitte. Sabathia's track record is better than the other four athough Verlander is gaining on him.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Actually fortunately since the game is at Citifield.

Draft saved Draft deleted